Notes about the organisation of the Walks Programme
The Walks Programme is currently published twice a year, in line with the Area News. This allows both to be mailed at the same time.
The Programme runs from Jan to June and July to December. and should be posted in either June or December in time to arrive before the programme starts.
||November||Complete programme and create/print programme|
The program Club Works can you used to record a walks programme. It will also reformat the information into a number of different outputs, e.g. for the newspaper, the London Walks Finder database, web pages.
Putting the programme together
- Using Club Works create a new file
- See details below
- Check the dates of any bank holidays and edit these dates.
- Check for any special events
- Area AGM
- Area Get Together
- Group AGM
- London events such as Festival of Winter Walks
- Ring and/or email walks leaders
- To email all Leader who have email use http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DerbyRALeaders
- Update programme as walks come in
- Use car parks list and list of walks leaders, check details are correct, update if needed
- Leaders can send walks via a web page on our site.
- Every so often send programme file to webmaster to add to web site so
leaders can check details of their walks
When programme is complete
- When programme is complete send file so that
- Programme booklet can be created
- Web site can be updated
- London Walks Finder can be updated
- Programme can be sent to newspaper
- Send Car parks list
- Web site database can be updated
Publishing the programme
- Printing and Posting
- 650 copies of the programme are printed.
- We have some 570 members, because of joint membership we post about 450 copies.
- They are posted with the Area News.
- The Membership Secretary supplies a file with the membership list and a set of labels on A4 sheets is printed.
- One member lives in France and hence her programme has to be posted separately. Her surname is Sutton.
- The best way we have found for posting is to
- Add address label to envelope
- Add stamp to envelope
These two steps mean the envelopes do not swell in size until they are ready to post. During the last steps one can check that each envelope has a stamp and address. If there is more than one person doing the job then the steps can be done at the same time.
- Add Area News and Walks Programme
- Close envelope
- Take them all to the post office.
- Publish the programme
- Add to Walks Finder
- Add web page to web site
- Create output for Derby Evening Telegraph and email
Changes to the Programme
Update details and
- Email Yahoo Members group
- Change Walks Finder
- Update Web Site page
- Create new output for Derby Evening Telegraph and email
Some notes on how to use this programme to record a walks programme
Using Club Works create a new file
- Add a new walk for the first date.
- Change any values to the correct defaults.
- Such as start time to 9.00 or 19.00.
- Set Dogs Allowed to Yes if appropriate.
- Add "???" for items (Length of walk, Description) that are
unknown and need following up.
- You can then search for ??? to see if anything has been missed.
- Leave Leader field blank until leader decided
- You can now use the Replicate Record command to duplicate this record but for one weeks time
Setting Bank Holidays
- Check the dates of any Bank Holidays and edit these dates.
- Turn off the Start Time
- Set Description to "Bank Holiday" or equivalent
- Delete the length of the walk
- Set the Leader to "<Bank Holiday>" Note: the <> symbols around the text are important., otherwise Bank Holiday will be the name of a Leader.
- Set the leader to "<Name of event>"
- Description, time of event etc as required
|< Prev||Next >|